Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Eavesdropping, For lack of a better term

I have a friend who designs blogs Jilly Blog Designs (http://www.jillyblogdesigns.blogspot.com/) and when looking at her list of sites she has done, I came across a very personal site that has really touched me. I felt strange reading this woman's thoughts. She lost a baby at 31 weeks and it is amazing some of the things she has written. She really pours out her heart in several entries and wow. I thank her and commend her for sharing her experiences.

So I feel the need to make: My list of pure joy

1. My children each bring me joy in so many ways. They all came into the world very differently and I am thankful for each experience. (even the spinal-free c-section)

2. I get so much joy from my children's names. Sounds crazy I know, but they all have great meaning and history. Each was named for very important people in my husband and my lives. They remind me daily of how lucky we were to have been blessed by their name sakes.

3. The way Miss M looks at me when she wants something or is trying to be funny. Just pure joy.

4. The joy they bring my husband, gives me joy.

5. The crazy, nonsensical things Miss M says bring joy to so many people. The other day she said her Aunt J runs around in just her panties all the time. True? Maybe, but Miss M doesn't know that. Aunt J lives outside of Lubbock and has clothes on every time we see her.

6. When my 7 year voluntarily gives me a good night hug, brings great joy.

7. The beautiful smile on Jack's face when he's trying to be sneaky and break a confetti egg over my head. Absolute joy.

8. The way little O lights up when you had him a ball. This not only brings me joy, but obviously just make his day, or minute.

9. I love the way everyone lights up when J gets home from work. Everyone yells "Daddy" and runs toward him. They all have things to tell him from their week and all have to tell him at the same time. What a joyful noise.

10. I love that my children love their aunts and uncles. They are so happy to see them and I think the feelings are mutual. I know their letters and drawings will bring our Soldier joy and that gives me joy.

I know I could think of 100 more things that bring me joy about my children, so this week I pray that that list tops my thoughts always and that every time we have a conflict I remember the joy.

4 comments:

Skelty said...

That is a great list. We do have some extra special little ones. I can't wait to see them, and you!

I love you!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Great list, Jenn! Love it!

Jill said...

My heart aches for her too. She is a precious Mom who lost her second child at birth. I only know her through many emails working on her blog design, but she has touched my life so much! I gave her a gift of a blog makeover to help make precious Sydney's page a special place for her to go to work out her feelings. I love that she is so honest and blunt with her feelings. I know that she is helping other moms who are going through the same things! It does make me stop & appreciate my heathly, beautiful gifts from God!

Jenn said...

I love your lists...what a great way for us to see what really does bring us joy!