Tuesday, March 25, 2008

About my river

This is a picture of my paradise - the Frio River. We go every summer with my whole family, parents, sisters and husbands, my family. We definitely have a cabin full. Yes I said a cabin. They are great with plenty of room and will certainly do until I can retire and build my house there. We have been making this trip almost annually since I was in the 8th grade. (we may have gone prior to that, but I'm not sure) Our traveling party has changed over the years, but we still make it and can't wait to go back the minute we pack the cars to leave.
There is no cell phone reception. Which is wonderful, most of the time. We did miss information about a funeral one summer.
It is so beautiful there, you can just feel God's presence.
In 2002 when it flooded we almost had to cancel our trip. The first day we were there the river was closed! It is amazing to look at old pictures because the river changed so much. Water is truly a powerful force. The cabins we had stayed in the year before weren't there any more. I actually almost drowned twice that year. Kind of scary. My brother-in-law lost his wedding ring. That may have been on purpose though.
There are a very limited number of places I would rather be than at the Frio.
Anyway, if I ever find out how to do a countdown I might start counting down to this years trip.

Remember, it's all about the ball barrings.

What kind of name is Poon anyway?

J

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay, your five-ish ipod hits are great...I may have to get mine out just to listen to some great "old" country music today!!

Tricky said...

1. Thanks for not "stealing my joy" I can't beleive I missed the Ron Burgundy quote on your comment.
2. Your ipod top five has a YAZ song in it. I don't even know what to say about that...
3. Poon is a Comanche Indian name if memory serves me.

Hot Rod said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO
I had to buy another for 60 bucks. Did you steal it?? Can I swim in your river??

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This looks like a beautiful place. I can see why you like it so much!