Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday..... 1 day late but not 1 "thing" short

Yesterday I was blessed with the chance to spend time with my children and catch up on tivo so I did not get my ten things done. As always, thanks to XBOX Wife for the inspiration.
So I guess #1 is the fact that no matter how they are behaving I get to spend time with my children. I work only 1 job. I get to put them to bed at night. To be there to referee fights and mediate arguments. I am home when they get up in the mornings. I get to pick them up from school. I have been blessed with a job where I have missed very little of their lives.

#2 I love to listen to Miss M sing so not only have I been blessed with hearing, I also have been blessed with a child who can find her own joy.

#3 I have been super blessed with the health of my children. Aside from an ear infection here and there or maybe a stomach bug or two our children are very healthy and that just amazes me, I was reminded today that not everyone is that lucky.

#4 My parents are wonderful. They absolutely love their grandchildren. I couldn't ask for more.

#5 I have great in-laws. I have always felt welcomed in their home and like an important part of the family. I know not everyone has that unconditional acceptance.

#6 Today Jack's school held the first annual Highlander Games and he had so much fun. The smile on his face was beautiful. (and not just because he looks like me)

#7 I have recently been blessed with the opportunity to expand our business. I have been actively pursuing this expansion for some time and I may have finally found the right situation. I know this will not only bring blessing to my family, but also to my parents and to the individuals who will be receiving our services. I know that sounds bad, it's just had to explain correctly

#8 Almost 7 years ago I stumbled into a little place called Simpatico Yarns and met MaryJane. She gave me the gift of knitting and for that I am grateful. Ask anyone who knows me - I love to knit. With baseball season upon us and a multitude of other things going on I have not had time to get to her shop lately until yesterday when I found here doors locked and the store empty. I later found out, it was a decision that had to be made, she closed her store. Last Friday she had a final sale and locked the doors. She was always excited to see me and more importantly, my CHILDREN. She had computer games for older kids, color books for all ages, and loved to hold the babies. For those of you who don't know, this is not easily found in a yarn store. So I find this a bittersweet blessing - I will miss the ladies who were always there and have watched Jack grow-up, Miss M crawl around and O through the yarn like balls. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do.

#9 I have magnificent life-long friendships

#10 I have two beautiful little sisters that I can't imagine my life without.

So there are some gentle musings from a Threadbare Gypsy Soul who may change her name to The Wandering Gypsy Knitter.




The most costly commodity we have in this country is ignorance. -R.L.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I loved reading your list... we have so much to be thankful for don't we!

Jenn said...

Oh, love your list!! I think that Miss M could have a career in music...that girl LOVES her music!!
Sorry about your yard place...I know it's sad to loose a great place near to your heart!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a great list! I love your #1. I finally got Miss M to talk to me on Friday night!!

And thanks for the message ~ we definitely want to check that out soon!