Thursday, April 10, 2008

My 10 Things

I want to apologize to XBOX Wife for my tardiness and again thank her for challenging us to stop and count our many blessings:

1. I am so very thankful that the "winds" that up-rooted the tree in my back yard only did that. I'm not convinced it wasn't a tornado after some of the damage in our area. The tree didn't really freak me out but seeing the bleachers from the soccer and baseball fields all twisted and wadded up scared me a little.
2. I am thankful for the friends who called to check on us. With Jman being out of pocket it was very considerate of them to think about me and the kiddos.
3. Surprisingly, our neighbor wasn't really upset about the tree taking out part of his fence. You never can tell with him how he will react to things.
4. The kids slept through everything.
5. Yesterday I was thankful that baseball practice was cancelled. We had a game Tuesday and are scheduled for one Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Again, I'm glad JT plays baseball and little O loves being free to run around outside. Of course I just know he's going to get hit by a foul ball, but I try to keep my morbid thoughts to myself and let him be the "on-the-move" little boy he is.
6. I am reminded of how fortunate we are as a family with the health of our children.
7. I am so glad my husband loves to spend time with his children. He seems to know exactly what a gift that time is and I know someday they will too. I know some dads who would rather be at happy hour or on the golf course than with their families and am so glad my Jman is not one of them.
8. Again I am thankful that I am so incredibly awesome. And that my friends are equally awesome. (This may become a fall back as it is always something I am grateful of)
9. I also have two super awesome sisters and an uber-awesome mom.
10. Last but not least I am thankful for my relationship with God and the place He has provided as our church home. The weather was bad last night and I almost took the kids home and skipped church since I was by myself and I am so glad I did not. Our topic was the forgiving nature of God and we were reminded that He forgives as we forgive. It was good for me to hear. Everyone has people in their lives who have hurt them. In my life is someone who does these things under the guise of being a great spiritual person and never acknowledges she has done anything to hurt someone, much less broken the law (but that's another issue) Anyway I will do my best to not hold this against them and forgive them in my heart. But I do keep my eyes wide open around them. I guess that's okay.

No comments: