Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Obama - Oh my scarey

Okay let me start by saying I am a hard fast Republican. I love my President, I love my country, and I thank God daily for the protection (of my life and freedoms) that are fought for each day. That being said, I feel there is a lot about our country to be proud of and thankful for. My cousin is teaching in China, where their freedoms are decided on by their government. They are told what to study, what job to have, etc. and these things are what determine their worth. They are overwhelmed by the fact that Jenny likes them for who they are, not their position in society. I am proud that my country fights for everyone to get to believe what they want to believe. I live in a place where I have worth because I am a child of God. My freedom to believe this is one of the reasons this country was founded. Anyway, I really don't know what to say, just something on my mind.

Please pray for my sister and her husband. He leaves for Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and she's nervous, to say the least.

1 comment:

Hot Rod said...

I am a true Republican, too!!! I think that people who aren't are weird. Jason thinks that Obama is going to win. We actually have a bet going. I say McCain, he says Obama. I know I will win.