Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Sweet Boy

I know two posts in one night. I promise this is no precedent.

The other night there was a story on the news about a fire in Russia. It was an apartment building and a family on the third floor was trapped. They showed a picture of the couple throwing their 3 year old out the window to some people below, but of course you can't see the people in the picture. Jack said something about it, btu I didn't really pay much attention because I was trying to get them to bed. So, Mimi comes in the living room and asys Jack is crying. I go to check on him and he is worried about the baby that was thrown out the windo. (My heart breaks) He was also worried about how I will get O when we move to a two-story house, if we have a fire. I explained that the news story said the baby was okay and so were it's parents, and how they weren't being mean to the baby, they were trying to make sure it was safe, even if they were not. He seemed to be calmed by my answer, but who knows. I'm not really what you call wise by any means. I also told him the first thing we will buy for the new house is a ladder for each upstairs bedroom and a way to get to O's room. He can be such a tough kid and is growing up so fast, I forget sometimes he really is still a baby in so many ways. (none of which are bad) Anyway, that's my little boy with the big heart.

1 comment: