Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 Things

Check out XBOX Wife for inspiration

Last night I had dinner with 4 friends from High School so my list stems from this evening.

1. I am thankful for old friends. I have known Freckles for 30 years give or take a few days. Just think about that. We took ballet lessons above the Nut Shell Bakery when we were 4 years old, went to Kids Kingdom together, Kindergarten, played Little Dribblers, T-ball, Middle school, Jr High basketball, survived high school, have buried friends, have married friends and have had babies. My earliest memories of friendship are shared with her.

2. One of the girls now lives in Costa Rica with her husband and 5 1/2 month old baby. Seeing pictures of her house makes me marvel at my God. The colors of the water took a mighty hand and a wild imagination.

3. These pictures also make me thankful for my walls. Yes I mean the walls of my home. Her home in a concrete slab with a second story bedroom covered by a thatch type roof. No walls. It is beautiful. I like to think I could live like that. Not with young children, but maybe some day. She is awakened by Howler monkeys in the mornings. Of course she did pass a Coral snake on her way to work the other day.

4. One of my friends is pregnant. Yeah. It makes me smile just thinking about it. How beautiful.

5. We all sat there healthy. No major health issues.

6. I was reminded how blessed I am that my parents are healthy. One of us has lost a father and another's father has been battling various cancers for some time now. I almost said I was lucky my parents are healthy, but I truly believe I have been blessed. I think luck has a place in our lives, but some things, even luck, are a gift.

7. As neat as a tropical paradise would be, I'm thankful that my Jman has an office job. I like stability and a definite source of income. Granted I'm not sure of everyone's financial status. They could be closet millionaires for all I know. (I think 2 of them are borderline) But I'm fairly certain at this stage in my life I could not follow the snow and surf and be that free of a spirit. Although there are times I could find myself being a bit jealous of the carefreeness this might bring.

8. Last night was we had perfect weather. We sat outside on the patio at Joe T Garcia's and it was absolutely perfect.

9. I love my life long friendships I share with these women. They have each played their part in my movie. Some by choice and others by circumstance. But, I came away also seeing how blessed I have been since high school too. I am surrounded by strong, beautiful women, from my past, from my family, and from my life with Jman. I hope each of them knows how truly precious they are. I think I will tell them.

10. I have been blessed by XBOX Wife in more ways than I can count.

SWAK
Jenn

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have to amen #10!!